Increase your Ram's Payload by 50%

-
O no is that a cliff this thread is getting ready to go over. There isn't any reason for it to turn to personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without gettin $hitty.

Some states require that any vehicle that grosses over 4 tons must scale. No matter what your capacities are they will weigh each axel, as that is what is really important. They can then check the load ratings for each axel and if you excede them they will park you and give you a ticket. Also, no matter what your true or legal capacities are, you must adhere to all the rules, and if your tires are not rated for your load, once again it is ticket time.

Some states require that any vehicle that grosses over 4 tons must scale. No matter what your capacities are they will weigh each axel, as that is what is really important. They can then check the load ratings for each axel and if you excede them they will park you and give you a ticket. Also, no matter what your true or legal capacities are, you must adhere to all the rules, and if your tires are not rated for your load, once again it is ticket time.

That is the one portion of this discussion no one has touched on. Tire load capacity. I run load range E tires on my 07 CTD 4x4 Dodge. I also tow a 36' toy hauler with over 1600 tongue weight. On MPG empty I can get 19 MPG driving below 70. Towing yesterday here to GA. running 75 I went to hell in a hand cart. 10.5,341 miles on 32.5 gal. The shop I work now makes a living on 6.0 diesels.Between blown head gaskets, rupture EGR coolers, cloged oil coolers,bad injectors, cracked injector cups, bad FICM's,blown oil rail ends, and bad turbo's it is no wonder why Ford told International to pack sand when asked to help with warranty claims and they said no! Sorry to hi jack the thread, I shut up now.

You would be broke from filling the tank, so you probably could not drink yourself to death. Was pulling about 10k yesterday with my Duramax, hit the bottom of a 10% (according to the sign) hill at 50 mph, it never even shifted out of od going up the hill. Former neighbor used to preach to me how his gas pickup could tow just as well as my Diesel. Used my truck to tow a car he sold up to Flagstaff. After we maintained a steady 75 mph, never even unlocking the convertor once, going up the hills on 17 he never bought it up again. Say what you want, you just can not compare a gas motor to a diesels 700 ft/lbs of torque for towing, especially in hilly terrain....

Flagstaff....that's where i'm out right now! Go to school here, my Dakota with the 5.2 3.55 peg-legger won't even do a burnout up here the elevation kills ANYTHING naturally aspirated!!! Diesel's win hands down towing thats for sure!

I think I need to get some of that canadian diesel down here in Texas...

I traded in my 2003 3/4 Cummins for a 2012 3/4 cummins. I am pretty unhappy with the mileage drop going from the 5.9 to the 6.7 engine. I was getting an honest 19-20 mpg combined city and highway on my 5.9. I am now lucky to get 15 mpg (averaged 13.5 my last tank). It will pull anything but I can't do a round trip run from Austin to Denton without having to stop and filling up (~500 miles round trip).

As for putting in heavier springs in a 1/2 ton truck... You can do it if you want. I did it on my old 1977 powerwagon. The problem is the 1/2 ton truck doesn't have anywhere near the same braking capacity. Also, the axles are much heavier in the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. If you are pulling occasionally it should not affect the durability but over time, if you do a lot of pulling your reliability may vary.

I think I need to get some of that canadian diesel down here in Texas...

he fuel in the USA has been government screwed to death Ultra low sulfur has way less energy per unit than low sulfur did and even less than High sulfur. These engines can do magical things with mileage for sure. during Katrina we were hauling fema trailers and getting high sulfur (legally btw) mileage on our back hauls empty was GREAT like 6 to 10% better but that fuel is WAY different.

-
Back