Industrial/Agricultural difference from automotive Slant 6's

-

SwinginDart74

Reaction score
just wondering what the differences from automotive \6's were from industrial's?

or are they the exact same, I know some had different flywheels and govenors, but other than that, are they the same as per the pistons, rods, and head?

thanx

morgan

Some of them had shot peened cranks. I've also heard about examples with roller timing chains, and some hints that a few (marine ones?) may have had forged pistons. There was even a slant six tipped 90 degrees over instead of 30 - had a different oil pan and induction system. Cylinder heads and rods were the same though.

most of the differences that i've seen with industrial/agricultural is all bolt on stuff i.e. intake/carb, distributor, waterpump, alternator, exhaust manifolds, oil pan, and all kinds of different bellhousings. But still same block and internals, maybe a different cam profile but that would probably be it.

My Dad had an early /6 industrial engine and it had concaved pistons to lower the compression.

Well I don't have to worry about finding a slant 6 anymore, I hit the jackpot, my friends father in law bought 3 dusters at an auction sale yesterday, all slant 6's and he doesn't want any of them! Said I could have what I wanted for cheap!

At work we had a high-low truck that we called Bertha. It was a dually front axle so pretty heavy duty with a slant-six. It was set up to run on propane. Jysnflem

-
Back