Indy´s Rocker Arms

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

a shop over here sells some Aluminium Roller Rockers 1,6 Ratio supplied by Indy. The part no. is like 360-R4-4 SDR1.6, i was not able to find these number on the indy hp or in their catalog, only these: 360-R4-4SR.
According to the pic from my dealer these are red anodized, non bushed and ride directly on the shaft (no needle bearing)......did not know about these, never seen before. Anyone has got some experience with this part?

I´d like to upgrade to 1,6 Ratio Rockers next year and search for reasonable priced rockers, but want to stay away from cheap crap....Thanks for info!

Michael

If they are anything like the rockers that came with my IndyBrocks they are crap. In the Mopar world there just isn't a low buck option when it comes to rocker arms. Hughes is probably the least expensive setup out there and they are around $500 or so. If there is one area not to cheap out on its the valve train, especially the rockers.

they sound like stock indy stuff witch is crap any solid roller spring pressure will kill them. they WILL snap in half only a matter of time, i have 2 set in pieces here. Avoid them.

I ran those exact rockers on my old 340 with J-heads. I had the MP 296/557 solid with Hughes Engines springs, retainers, etc. I ran the rockers for many years with zero problems or issues.

-
Back