Indy Cylinder Head Swap Meet March 1-2

-
Wouldn’t that require an exorcism if you brought a Demon home? Asking for a friend!

Where are you @gunbunny ?
I'm back by the T shirt trailer.
I'm the guy selling keys & locks. I'm almost directly behind you in the second row from the wall. The yellow Barracuda is just to my left.
I was to busy today to get away from my spot.
KeaganB sat with me for about an hour today.

Dang it! Would have loved to have met both of you! Next year we need to wear signs or something with our FABO names on them!!

The new phone books are here, the new phone books are here. Steve Martin The Jerk.

I met gunbunny finally. A cool guy reminds me a lot of myself not tall dark and handsome just handsome like me. Lol

Last edited:
I was at the swap meet today shopping with a friend. The crowd seemed pretty light for a Saturday. we got there around 10, and left by 1. I didn't find what I was looking for, but my buddy got a nice deal on a B body front fender. Really surprised by the relatively small crowd......

Some critique's and compliments on this years Indy Show.
Critiques:
1. Saturday foot traffic was light. Way to light. Why? Not enough advertising to the Mopar world that show is going on? Maybe because people got a (rightfully so) massive bur in their *** over the parking situation, due to the construction, at the venue last year. Add to that, the general nastiness of the parking people, and the way they treat you while you're handing them $10. You get in, and you have people who can't seem to park their trucks into just one parking space. Parking spots to small, or people who don't know how to park? I dunno. Now that you parked in the north 40, you get hit up for another $20 coming in the door, after you peeled off $10 to park.
2. The PA announcer that A. wouldn't shut up, and B. was to loud. Couldn't do business with people because you had the PA guy talking over you. I get what you're doing, but I don't need you as much as you need vendors.
3. Indy Cylinder head staff being assholes! Yes, they were screaming at people this morning because we came in thru the unlocked and open doors near our spaces. There was a few dozen of us who were forced out and told to back out and wait until 8:00am. BTW, this was at 8:03am. I won't repeat my response.

Now for the compliments!
1. In spite of the low foot traffic I actually made some money on Saturday. Not as much as I have in the past, but I did OK. Friday was a real good day!
2. Last year, for the entirety of the year, over 3 shows, I sold a grand total of seven (7) 66-72 Trunk Lock Cylinders. I brought ten with me thinking I would take most home. I sold out on Friday and could have sold another 8. I counted lost sales. Lot of people with holes in their decklids!
3. My swap neighbors were decent people! Man it goes a long way when you don't have someone bogarting into your swap space.
4. I got to talk to (when the PA guy wasn't talking over them) a lot of nice people. Met the guy who has the same name as me. It's a long story, but he got my room at Carlisle, and I ended up with his. He got the better end of that deal, and I got a partial refund. We had a good laugh over it, mostly because they tried to give me his swap space this year.
5. I got to sit and visit with KeaganB for about and hour or so. That was nice.
6. I got to meet and chat with @Jadaharabi Nice guy. I wanted to talk more, but we both got busy and it didn't happen. Hopefully we can catch each other again at Carlisle or Mopar Nats.

So, am I going back? The positives outweigh the negatives, so yeah, I'll be back. There were a lot of vendors this year. More than in the past couple of years. I hope someone from Indy Cylinder Head sees this. I'm not expecting much there, but hope springs eternal.

Oh, heard 1 rumor, and 1 fact this weekend.
Rumor is, the venue is wanting to charge considerably more so the show may be moving????
Fact, Holley MoParty announced the 2024 dates. Sept 13-15 at Beechbend in Bowling Green.

I was at the swap meet today shopping with a friend. The crowd seemed pretty light for a Saturday. we got there around 10, and left by 1. I didn't find what I was looking for, but my buddy got a nice deal on a B body front fender. Really surprised by the relatively small crowd......
What were you looking for?

Critiques:
1. Saturday foot traffic was light. Way to light. Why? Not enough advertising to the Mopar world that show is going on? Maybe because people got a (rightfully so) massive bur in their *** over the parking situation, due to the construction, at the venue last year. Add to that, the general nastiness of the parking people, and the way they treat you while you're handing them $10. You get in, and you have people who can't seem to park their trucks into just one parking space. Parking spots to small, or people who don't know how to park? I dunno. Now that you parked in the north 40, you get hit up for another $20 coming in the door, after you peeled off $10 to park.
2. The PA announcer that A. wouldn't shut up, and B. was to loud. Couldn't do business with people because you had the PA guy talking over you. I get what you're doing, but I don't need you as much as you need vendors.
3. Indy Cylinder head staff being assholes! Yes, they were screaming at people this morning because we came in thru the unlocked and open doors near our spaces. There was a few dozen of us who were forced out and told to back out and wait until 8:00am. BTW, this was at 8:03am. I won't repeat my response.

Now for the compliments!
1. In spite of the low foot traffic I actually made some money on Saturday. Not as much as I have in the past, but I did OK. Friday was a real good day!
2. Last year, for the entirety of the year, over 3 shows, I sold a grand total of seven (7) 66-72 Trunk Lock Cylinders. I brought ten with me thinking I would take most home. I sold out on Friday and could have sold another 8. I counted lost sales. Lot of people with holes in their decklids!
3. My swap neighbors were decent people! Man it goes a long way when you don't have someone bogarting into your swap space.
4. I got to talk to (when the PA guy wasn't talking over them) a lot of nice people. Met the guy who has the same name as me. It's a long story, but he got my room at Carlisle, and I ended up with his. He got the better end of that deal, and I got a partial refund. We had a good laugh over it, mostly because they tried to give me his swap space this year.
6. I got to meet and chat with @Jadaharabi Nice guy. I wanted to talk more, but we both got busy and it didn't happen. Hopefully we can catch each other again at Carlisle or Mopar Nats.

So, am I going back? The positives outweigh the negatives, so yeah, I'll be back. There were a lot of vendors this year. More than in the past couple of years. I hope someone from Indy Cylinder Head sees this. I'm not expecting much there, but hope springs eternal.

Rumor is, the venue is wanting to charge considerably more so the show may be moving????
Fact, Holley MoParty announced the 2024 dates. Sept 13-15 at Beechbend in Bowling Green.
Totally agree with you that the parking sucks.
I've gotten along with the Indy cylinder head people for several years now. I bought heads and Springs and retainers and all kinds of good stuff from them in the past.
I thought it was a slow weekend but I did come home on the positive side of cash flow.
I wanted to throttle that announcer on the PA system.
Other than that had a pretty good time.

What were you looking for?
I know what I was looking for was a long-shot. I am looking for a different set of rockers to run in place of the Harland Sharps i have been running the last 2 seasons. I want a set of stainless, bushed rockers, because i do drag and drives, so there are street miles AND 1/4 mile trips. I'm just concerned that the Aluminum rockers wont hold up to the street punishment over time. There were a few Chinese stainless rocker sets (PRQ?) that when i held them in my hand just didnt feel robust - they felt cheap. The A&A booth had an old set of the Comp Magnum steel roller rockers at a decent price, BUT several of them had rusty and blemished wheels, so those werent an option for me anyway.

I just need to decide to trust the Harland's I have, OR buy a set of the new RAS/RAU stainless that are on the market. That decision needs to happen very soon as my off season engine rebuild is almost done.

@gunbunny: I agree with most of your statements. I didn’t have any direct contact with Indy staff but did sense some arrogance from them. The parking was a joke-the dually trucks were the worst offenders, however I made a comment to my buddy that it was obvious MOST people in attendance could use a parking lesson. It’s just a comment courtesy and takes a few seconds to make sure your junk is parked properly. I found a few things at decent prices so it was a good trip.

I didn't go but assuming INDY had a booth there. Did anyone check out their new Iron SBM Heads that they just announced? What about pricing? Thoughts.

I didn't go but assuming INDY had a booth there. Did anyone check out their new Iron SBM Heads that they just announced? What about pricing? Thoughts.
They did have a booth. My son and I spent a little time looking. I saw some iron small block heads there. I thought they were rebuilt stockers. I should have asked questions...... They looked good from what I saw.

This is an old thread but go to the last 4 or 5 post.
I believe Charlie shot me a $1,600 price for the pair. I'll have to call her up and get more information from her.

Where is your spot?

Here is mine.
View attachment 1716214914

Across from.

View attachment 1716214915

And next to

View attachment 1716214916
damn.. I went right by there 3x... I came in those doors, went by there, I went back by there ( didn't see much the 1st time, had to make an "outhouse run") so I went back down that row a 2nd time, and a 3rd time when we headed out cuz I saw something on the other side of you from that Demon, but got a phone call "at just the wrong moment" and I hate when Im on the other side of that fence, someone's trying to talk to me, and be on the phone at the same time so I wasn't gonna do that "back" to somebody...
Id loved to have been able to bring that Demon home.... but no money left for something like that THIS lifetime.
Last year I hd my son and grandson with me, at the concession stand end of that row between the guy who had the 318 that he was trying to sell and fired a few times, and the stand? was a 66polara my kid fell in love with....that wasnt there this year.
What did you guys think of the green 70 Duster 340 3 speed by the far front doors? Or the black T top Magnum right next to it?

Last edited:
They did have a booth. My son and I spent a little time looking. I saw some iron small block heads there. I thought they were rebuilt stockers. I should have asked questions...... They looked good from what I saw.
yup. same place as usual... right by the doors at the back building. was hoping my guy with the 80s truck stuff was there, but I didnt see him. In the corner at the opposite end of that row, also opposite side from concession stand. Did you see the maroon 77 Hornet wagon down that way? They "only" wanted $9750 for that car....

@gunbunny: I agree with most of your statements. I didn’t have any direct contact with Indy staff but did sense some arrogance from them. The parking was a joke-the dually trucks were the worst offenders, however I made a comment to my buddy that it was obvious MOST people in attendance could use a parking lesson. It’s just a comment courtesy and takes a few seconds to make sure your junk is parked properly. I found a few things at decent prices so it was a good trip.
yup. ridiculous how far away they made the spectators/buyers park compared to past years...

yup. same place as usual... right by the doors at the back building. was hoping my guy with the 80s truck stuff was there, but I didnt see him. In the corner at the opposite end of that row, also opposite side from concession stand. Did you see the maroon 77 Hornet wagon down that way? They "only" wanted $9750 for that car....
Oh did I! My son was diggin on it. Niether one of us was impressed with the price. We were missing the truck guy too! That corner was way too clean this year.... Lol.

I went a "long way" home, west out of Indy on 36, have a buddy who lives near Rockville, and there's a place the wife and I like to eat at any time were near (actually a couple of them) that area. He's from my area in IL originally, but moved down that way about a dozen years ago. I usually run into him when I'm at that swap/ but this year we ended up having to go opposite days. There's a small blink n miss it junkyard off the beaten path near my buddy Glenn's place, and Glenn knows the owner, works with owner's son.
These off the beaten path junkyard guys, are friends with the truck parts guy/ and are usually at that "truck parts guys'" spot, helping him babysit and sell what he has. From what I understand, the truck guy passed away fairly recently, which was why he wasn't there. I didnt know that til we were sitting down there eating, on the way home. I had a few particular things I need and last year that guy had them. There was much less truck stuff there overall, than the past few years.
Did anybody check the guy in the front building and see what he wanted for those factory " hurricane-ish" 80s truck rims? I didnt ask, because i am sure I didn't have enough on me for them..... he was in the 2nd row from very front, about 2-3 spots west of center. just curious. Wondering what the going price is for those these days....
I was hoping to find some nice maroon door panels, for my 85 D150. 2 years ago there was lots of that sort of stuff there, scattered throughout. almost none this year.

I was there Friday, thought both vendors and spectators were "light" compared to last year.
I agree parking was a joke. and it costs too much just to park and then get thru the door. I saw many guys struggling carrying heavy parts when I got there, because we had to park so far away vs usual.
I hate to ask what you guys spent for vendor space.
Gunbunny... where was your spot? I probably was there, I stopped and looked around most.... though I did go back to a couple spaces in the front building, while my wife rested near the concession stand. and I did see some stuff the 2nd go round I didnt notice the 1st time.

Last edited:
Critiques:

Now for the compliments!

The fairgrounds is played out. As much as I hate to see it moved, that area in Indy sucks and the prices to do anything on the fair grounds are stupidly high compared to other venues. In fact, my employer, their trade show moved to the convention center down town and was actually CHEAPER than the fair ground for what their size. Granted the parking is 20-35 bucks so it didn’t save attendees but there’s much better food and other things near by that the fairgrounds surrounded by the ghetto in one of the highest crime areas of the city is located

-
Back