Indy Motor Swap

-

Beastiedoggie

Reaction score
I just found a nice 69 Dart as a prospect to put my Indy 440 Engine into. Can anyone advise me on what surgeries will need to be performed on this car? The car is sporting a 360 now. Will that K member be the same for the BB? I am sure there is going to also be a header problem. Most of the Darts that I haver seen with BB's have those funky looking headers that have to be routed thru the inner wells. Will there be a need for a "specialized header" since I am using Indy heads? Thanks alot for your help
Darryl

i think you will need a new k member unless you use schumacher motor mounts, check out bigblockdart.com theres a lot of info there. You would have been better off if you used a 383 or 400 low deck block. But its possible to use a 440 , just needs more work. I think TTI has headers too that dont go through the fenders.

Theres a few ways to go. Motor plate, K-frame swap or mounts from Scumacher. Id personally go with the motor plate.

Headers are going to be a pain. The Indy heads have raised ports so the 2" TTI headers probably wont work. I swing over to www.bigblockdart.com and see what headers they are using over there. The ProParts may work and they would be my first choice anyways.

Hey Adam....I kinda knew it would have to be different with the config of the Indy Heads....I just left BBD and posted the same question there.....thanks again
Darryl

-
Back