indy rocker arms

-

440outlawdart

Reaction score
do anyone have problems breaking indy rocker arms and bending push tube,i just broke one last night but this gas been a constant problem,i have them shimed right,ihave problems and bending push tubes,this one happen after i got my time slip and was returning to the trailer then it let go just after a 9.18 pass,there about 7 yeras old,also trying to get info out of indy heads is like talking to the wall,i have 440-1 heads,there cam which is a 680 lift roller,they told me to set the valves cold at 10-12,hot,24-26,anyone one else run into this

send them back to indy and tell them to shove them up thier a$$'s, 16 of them and the shafts ought to be just right. next think about purchasing a set of harlan sharps. make sure you pushrods are the proper length and are stout enough.

i use to run the indy rocker arms...there junk. i broke some in every set i owned.

Attachments

• broken indy rocker arms.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,482
Any motor with a stout cam and springs needs to stay away from cheap rockers - and I put Indy rockers in that category.

P1010002.jpg

I bought T and D rockers when I went over .650 lift both Hughs and Indy told me that I needed Better rockers.

Unknown.jpg

Hughs also told me that I would need better lifters than there's to handle 750 lbs springs
I went with comp lifters-$1100

next year im going with hardlad sharp or t and d,going to try to make it through the year with the indys,those pics posted looks like mine and broke at the same place

I'd go T & D and not look back, as I've yet to see one of theirs broken. Seen just about every other brand broken in some way or another.
Indy told us when we bought their heads, that a roller cam was not compatible with the parts they sell.

I'd go T & D and not look back, as I've yet to see one of theirs broken. Seen just about every other brand broken in some way or another.
Indy told us when we bought their heads, that a roller cam was not compatible with the parts they sell.

Huuummmm. Stick with Harland Sharpe.
SDC12033.jpg

And I believe this played a role in it ....

SDC12035.jpg

I am pretty sure they had issues with hardness of the shafts but would not own up to it. When I ordered a replacement set they just happened to be on BO as they were changing supplier of the shafts..... Their customer service is on par with Indy, lies, arogant and not at all helpful.

I have a set of the T&D shafts that look like that also. At least they are cheap to replace,lol

Harland Sharpe!!! T&D act like Indy real short with you and ego that isn't deserved. Indy rockers are OK for flat tappet but like my dad taught me buy the best and only cry once!!

Harland Sharpe!!! T&D act like Indy real short with you and ego that isn't deserved. Indy rockers are OK for flat tappet but like my dad taught me buy the best and only cry once!!

I'm having problems with Indy rockers right now. #8 intake is not getting oil. I am scared to call indy, because they will roll there eyes and tell me I am too dumb to breath. Does Harland Sharp have the time to deal with there customers? I have spent over 15,000 at indy cylinder head, and for that I get my butt chewed out for being born.

I put hardland sharps on mine,indy can stick there cheap stuck,i haven't called indy in years and not planning on it,yea I run there heads but buy them from different people,i wont deal with indy one on one

Harland Sharp best customer service and great parts hands down.

If you call Indy, ask for Josh, he is a good guy and will talk to you about your stuff and help best he can.

I bought my Indy heads lightly used, and they came with the Indy rockers- first thing I did was sell them! LOL....I hear they are ok with light pressure flat tappets, but even with that I didn't trust. I ended up going with a solid roller, over 600lbs open, so I went with T&D's...Yes, they are arrogant pricks, but I got them through Todd at Competition Wedge for an awesome price and with great customer service!

Guy's you all know don't you??????? Indy's rockers are made by pro-form???? I thin you all know that,I witnessed a broken rocker at Kil-Kare last weekend and one of the Major mopar engine builders came up and said to the guy well you know those are pro-forms don't you???? Steve

Mshred -your talking about josh king the promoter of monster mopar-the guy everyone here bashes for his events-go figure

Mshred -your talking about josh king the promoter of monster mopar-the guy everyone here bashes for his events-go figure

Yes, Josh King. I have spoken to him at Indy over the phone more then once, and not to always buy things either, just to get advice. Call, ask for Josh, and you will be treated nicely and with respect.

Thats just my experience....People like to bash events, but I don't see those same people going and putting on events of their own. Being an event promoter myself, it is ALOT of work, and those who complain really don't know the half of it.

Lol it's easier to bash an event than participate or help to make it better. People love to *****.

Does Jesel offer anything?

Lol it's easier to bash an event than participate or help to make it better. People love to *****.

Does Jesel offer anything?

That is a FACT!

Jesel does, but it requires machining of the rocker stands on the heads and I believe they are also more expensive then the T&D stuff, so overall more money invested...although some believe it is a superior design (T&D offers a similar design as well, I opted to stay with the stock style shaft rockers for cost).

Right on Dylan-shut up and race and support the Mopar events,Are you going to be at GLD Mopar event,End of the month????? Steve

-
Back