Indy

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I've always have wanted to go to the big race.Just found out some of the fellas are going and racing.I know it their first time.Maybe one day b4 I die I'll get to go!

I've always have wanted to go to the big race.Just found out some of the fellas are going and racing.I know it their first time.Maybe one day b4 I die I'll get to go!

I always wanted to go to the hemi challenge. maybe one day I can find some one to go w/ !

I had an unbroken streak of going there from 77 to 07, missed a couple years since because of health issues, it's like nothing else, the biggest, longest event of the year.

Back in the 70s and 80s it was more of a wild and crazy time than it is now, they have cleaned it up a bit to make it wholesome family entertainment.

Every year when they have the TV coverage of the Brainerd race they always make a big deal about some campground called "the zoo" and how wild it is. From what I've seen on TV it looks real tame compared to what went on in some of the campgrounds around the track at Indy. A couple of the campgrounds are no longer there because things got a little too wild. One that is still there on the west side of the track is now called "family camping". If you would've taken your family there back when they would have some very vivid memories of being there.

From 78 to 83 Moroso threw a free racer appreciation party for racers and manufacturers midway people only. All the beer, fried chicken and corn on the cob you could handle, plus live music and a wet T-shirt contest. The good old days, fun while they lasted.

If you guys go .Go by Hennon motorsports car my Machine shop guys does the bottom end and clutch on the car.Howard and Shane Farris

I went in '04. I did see the Hemi challenge. That was the year that Jeggie won.
You're not kidding about the old days. I was at Englishtown in '72.We were there for Saturday and Sunday. We were able to camp out on one of the neighbors front yards. YIKES, Saturday night was out of control!!!
Ted

I went in '04. I did see the Hemi challenge. That was the year that Jeggie won.
You're not kidding about the old days. I was at Englishtown in '72.We were there for Saturday and Sunday. We were able to camp out on one of the neighbors front yards. YIKES, Saturday night was out of control!!!
Ted

maybe we can all, (that want to go), can save and plan a trip in the next yr. or two .:coffee2:

maybe we can all, (that want to go), can save and plan a trip in the next yr. or two .:coffee2:

Truth be told, I'd rather go to the Hot Rod reunion @ Bowling Green. I think they run a round of the Hemi cars there also.

Ted

-
Back