Info on 73 Duster

-

Roby Duster

Looking for a 340 Duster
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a 73 duster 318 all original except paint..interior is in great shape, auto,light rust in lower quarters (fixable) and some small wholes in truink, heat & A/C dont work, has 7 1/4 rear and comes with 8 1/4 rear, engine starts and runs great and is driveable, they are asking 3000. what do you guys think??..thanks Bob

If it looks good, you can live with the light rust, and intend to use it as a driver, than maybe it's not a bad deal - especially for a northeast car. But if you intend to redo the car anytime soon, something like this will cost you less (unless you are a bodyman): http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=180677&highlight=74+space+duster

Yeah, it would be a fly 'n drive, but what better way to get to know your new car?

Edit: If the car's been painted, AND has "light rust," the probability is that said rust ain't so light. These things ALWAYS end up worse than they seem. If you factor having quarters and paint done by a shop, and done well, you are talking big money.

pictures,, not the best but all I have. Not much of a body man but I think I could handle the little rust it has. Spoke to him again and can get it for 2650 with the extra rear.

Attachments

• 73 Duster2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 73 Duster.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 73 Duster3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 73 Duster4.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 140
Nice looking car, and I like the color and dog dish caps. I couldn't make out the rust in the photos, but it looks like you could definitely cruise it around like that for a while, and a good painter might be able to blend in the repairs without the cost of repainting the entire car. The price might still be on the high side, but living in the Northeast, I know how hard it is to find a decent car in that range locally. You might wait and do better, but you'd be carless, and spring is just about here.

FWIW, I paid $2,500 for my car two years ago, and another grand to ship it from SoCal. It's 100% rot free, but the paint (original) is completely burnt off all the horizontal surfaces. And the interior took a beating from the sun as well.

Large Bolt Pattern (5 on 4 1/2). It's easier to find wheels for, but as I already stated, I like the steelies. You can find wider ones for the rear to take up that gap the Dusters have, and have the rims painted body color when you repair the quarters. Any disk brake car from '73 on is LBP, so you are good there. I got distracted by your photos, and didn't notice until today that the seller dropped the price for you. I think that it's a seriously good deal, especially for this area of the country. Please buy it, and post up a project thread so we can follow along in your excitement :)

i paid 3k for mine because it is 99% rust free. maybe a little much, but i dont regret it what-so-ever. in my opinion, its a V8 car with disc brakes in good shape, you cant go wrong as long as the trunk, rails and floor arent rotted out.

-
Back