Information on upper A arm mounts for a 63 Valiant.

-

B-i-n-g-o

Reaction score
All,

What's the compatibility years on those, and any suggestions on where I could get them?

Tearing apart the front to put on disk brakes and rebuild discovered the upper A arm mounts (and frame underneath) are rusted out pretty bad. If I can find a clean front clip, I'll do that, but if I can just get the A arm mounts and do a patch on the frame, that (I think) will do me a year or two, where I can enjoy it.

Thanks,
Steve

I don't know the answer exactly but I just replaced my arms on my 71 Demon with QA-1 arms and the arms themselves span quite a few years. This is just a thought but perhaps you can determine the years for the mounts by the years the arms are good for? Did you try Auto Body Specialties? An older thread said that a company by that name had them.

I saw your pictures the other day and I agree they need to be replaced. I don't recall if the mounts are actually one part or 2? If 2, and you get new mounts, I would have them installed on the upper A arm when you first tack weld them to the frame so they are spaced properly. The tolerance on them with new bushings is pretty tight, I had a difficult time getting the new arms into my mounts so anything less than perfect spacing will cause a problem.

I wish you luck.

I just checked the QA-1 arms and 64-72 are all the same. That doesn't necessarily mean the mounts are different for 63 but at least the arms are different. I have a boneyard by me that has some older mopars and I think they possibly might have a 63 but I'm not sure of the exact age. If you can't find anything send me a message and I can look for you and perhaps work something out. I wouldn't charge anything but cost of parts and shipping.

Here you go...Classic Industries but out of stock. Now just figure out who actually makes them.
1683603350367.png

-
Back