Inland shifter

-

b67cuda

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to remove and then reinstall the little T handle that is pulled when you shift to reverse on an Inland shifter handle?? I need to install a new boot and cant figure how to without removing the little T handle.

Bill

I unbolted the arm from the shifter on the trans ( 3 bolts) and carefully stretched the boot over the triangular mounting piece on the bottom of the arm. It seemed the best way and worked well. Make sure the rubber is warm and pliable and a little oil might make it work easier.

It can be done from the top, by removing the shifter arm knob and stretching the boot over the t bar one side at a time. The rubber boot I had was very pliable and easily stretched over the base. Just lube it a little and be careful. Be careful not to lose the rubber insulators on the shifter base. They should stay on the shifter base, the arm is held on by 3 small bolts, it's a toss-up...do it by pulling the shifter knob or pull the arm off and stretch it one side at a time over the t-bar.

-
Back