Inner Quarter Panel coating pics??

-

CARS

Reaction score
I would love to see some of the factory's slopped on, running, oozing, inner panel coating. Original stuff or 100% accurate re-coating.

Working on a '69 GTS 440 and this guys is fussy... I need to get it perfect (or sloppy, shitty, accurate factory quality :)

No one has an un-molested quarter panel???

This car was sent to my shop after the blaster got done with it, so I don't have any pics of the before coating.

I can take some pics. Could you be more specific on the area though?

Are you talking about the rear 1/4s looking in from the trunk? Inside the wheel housing?

Do you want pics of the slopped on seam sealer (this is where the factory job really got ugly).

This link may help.

http://www.iccahome.org/

Inside of the trunk 69 Dart

Attachments

• sony pic 755.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 299
  • sony pic 756.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 305
  • sony pic 757.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 290
Yes Snake. That is what I was looking for. And anyone else who may have a pic or two, thanks in advance.

I have some pics from when I got the car, but the blaster took care of all the loose stuff. Thankfully the seam sealer (yes. very, very ugly but beautiful in it's own weird way) is in tact and all I have to do is "fill in" a couple spots.

Snake, did you weld up some trim holes???

Thanks for the link 1968formulaS340. Lots of stuff to sort through. Should keep me out of the bar this weekend :)

Yes Snake. That is what I was looking for. And anyone else who may have a pic or two, thanks in advance.

I have some pics from when I got the car, but the blaster took care of all the loose stuff. Thankfully the seam sealer (yes. very, very ugly but beautiful in it's own weird way) is in tact and all I have to do is "fill in" a couple spots.

Snake, did you weld up some trim holes???

Yes there was trim down the side of the car.Glad to help.PS my car was built In L.A. assembly plant if that helps.

034.jpg

032.jpg

035.jpg

Not the best pics, hope it helps!

These are pics of my '68 Dart GT with original paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0880.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0881.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 272
That stuff sure is ugly.

You gotta wonder what they were thinking?

I wish I could meet a "coating applicator".... I understand that these cars were just transportation at the time, but seriously... take some pride in your work!

If you ordered a 2011 Challenger, and the trunk looked like that you would refuse it at the dealer, wouldn't you???

-
Back