Inside floorpan treatment?

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

Finally have a car with nice southwestern floors, and I'd like to know what the most viable material coating seems to be as far as moisture proofing, wear and appearance factors are concerned.

I have factory red floors and I'm not too crazy about applying a black or grey coating. Thanks.

Por 15 is my preference, would imagine they make a red topcoat.

I used roll & brush on bed liner. The stuff designed for pick-up truck beds on my floor. It adheres very well, is virtually indestructible and is easy to apply. It has a very strong smelling solvent based, high solids mixture of tough, long-lasting components that dry odor free and it seals small gaps as well.

I'm pretty sure you can get it in any color you want, but it can also be top coated with traditional paints etc.

if this is your summer cruising car just paint them or leave them as is if presentable.

yes I like bed line type stuff for my drivers. carpet is always WAYyyy down on the list. I lke BodySchultz. TCP global and their $17 GUN FOR IT. I undercoat my car bottomside after I clean and epoxy prime. but i'm too ugly to be a show poodle!
if a guy didn't want the bedliner stuff, like he said, epoxy prime, and paint, throw a piece of carpet down where ya feet go till carpet goes in!??????

Por 15 for sure! It hardens up very nicely. My floor pan had some small pin holes in it and I put some blue painters tape on the bottom of my car and used POR15 on top and it came out rock solid!

I just used rustoleum and brushed it on mine

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

a friend had to replace the floors in clients car that had been "fixed" with poor-15
found it near impossible to work / cut /remove and ended up cutting out way more
than he wanted to just to get outside the por-15...he's still cursing it!
..i looked at a Duster today that had it's floors repaired with por-15.They just filled
everything like a lake,what a mess,but that stuff is tough!

Rustoleum primer followed by herculiner (rubberized bed liner). It has held up really well and helps to deaden the sound and vibration. Ive even done plenty of welding over it and have yet to see any slag burn through.

-
Back