Inside Seat Belt location

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 74 duster with bench seat and I'm thinking about installing a seat from a 72 Dart that is split bench with fold down arm rest. My question, will the slots for the inside seat belt retainers be located in the same spot? Or will I have to find a different way/place to bolt down and route the inside retainers?

thanks,
Ron

Inside retainer??

I'm a bit confused by that statement (are you referring to the belt), I would think the belt would bolt in the same place and slide up through the seat in the same place.

Not much if anything should change, except the seat of course.

Inside retainer??

I'm a bit confused by that statement (are you referring to the belt), I would think the belt would bolt in the same place and slide up through the seat in the same place.

Not much if anything should change, except the seat of course.

I guess I'm trying to verify that the 72 seat will have the same slots as the 74 seat where the inside retaining belt would go through.

Gotcha. Like i said, I can't see them being much, if at all, different.

I have the bench with arm rest in my Dart Sport, and I don't recall there being a slot for the belt to go through.

Maybe it is/was missing, I dunno. I just ran mine up through under the arm rest.

Now I gotta go look, lol.

I just went and looked, and it appears i did put them up through the hole in the seat, when I got the car they were not in there, just up through where the seat folds down. The retainer holes are to the left and right of the arm rest about 4 inches.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 136
I just went and looked, and it appears i did put them up through the hole in the seat, when I got the car they were not in there, just up through where the seat folds down. The retainer holes are to the left and right of the arm rest about 4 inches.

Thanks Bad Sport, The slots in my seat are much closer to the anchor point (the center of the seat).

-
Back