Install Whiskers Before or After Windows/Window Hardware?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
The '65 Formula S was completely stripped and sandblasted during restoration. Now, little by little, time to put it all back together. I can't decide whether to install the whiskers/gaskets/chrome now or wait until the driver/side windows and cranks and stuff inside the doors are dropped into place first. What say you? Thank you.

barracuda stance.png

Cat Whiskers in first, then drop in the main window and position that at the bottom rear, along with the crank assembly.

Then install the wing window, as you are lining the main window into the wing window channel.

i was told after the fact whiskers fiorst.if you do it after it is a PITA but not impossible. i think I installled the outer one first then installed the inner after the window was in.

It's easier to get to everything installing them first.

On my dart, I had no problem installing after glass install.

I lowered the down stop and then I stalled the whiskers. I raised the down stop to correct height and all was good

In my experience it is harder to get the wing frame in there with the whiskers in place first.

In my experience it is harder to get the wing frame in there with the whiskers in place first.
I'm also having a hard time visualizing the door glass bracket/regulator track fitting between them on install!
superbirdbentdoor 092.jpg

Yes the bottom bracket on the glass won’t fit through the whiskers.

it is just not that hard to install them last.

-
Back