Installing a dual snorkle ..

-

grassy

Reaction score
I have a '75 duster..

Today i took the engine bonnet outside and pulled off the insulation and hit it with a degreaser so I can paint it this week.

I am installing a duel snorkel hood scoop and had thought there would be dimples where the holes should be drilled...but not a single one..

Is there some sort of template that I can get so I don't totally fu*k up the hood ?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks
Grassy

I have a '75 duster..

Today i took the engine bonnet outside and pulled off the insulation and hit it with a degreaser so I can paint it this week.

I am installing a duel snorkel hood scoop and had thought there would be dimples where the holes should be drilled...but not a single one..

Is there some sort of template that I can get so I don't totally fu*k up the hood ?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks
Grassy

the only thing I can tell you is the center of the scoop will sit only in the middle of the hood (hoodscoop notched for it) , I have one actually, measure then drill; I've drilled 3 hoods for them and haven't messed up yet

sit it on and see were it looks best

There are holes in the underside of the hood on the hood bracing.
Do the ones circled in red and purple. Then measure the scoop from those 2 bolts and mark on the hood where the others go.
Best advice for doin this is Measure TWICE Cut ONCE

Attachments

• a.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 223
66ply,

Good to hear from you.

Do you have your steed on the road yet ?

I shall try but this makes me nervous as hell. I have to cut holes in the fenders for the blinkers as well. I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks
Ian.

74dart,

I shall check again...I was looking on the flat part of the metal vs the bracing. Fingers crossed that they are there.

I hope to finish the prep work for Thursday..apparently the only day that it isn't going to rain all day.

Thanks
Ian.

66ply,

Good to hear from you.

Do you have your steed on the road yet ?

I shall try but this makes me nervous as hell. I have to cut holes in the fenders for the blinkers as well. I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks
Ian.

haven't got the old girl on the road for this year yet, lots of other things on the go but hope to make the bridgewater show this year with it

74Dart,

They indeed are there. I was looking for dimples.

The first 2 re drilled from the inside...the rest from the outside, correct ?

Thanks
Ian.

-
Back