Installing A pillar chrome without damage?

-

yugati1

65 Cuda named ~Rhonda~
Reaction score
I need to install the chrome strip on the A pillar of a 65 cuda. The problem is that it is curved and I'm not quite sure how to install it without damaging it. Is there any tricks that do not require smacking it with a maillot and hoping for the best? It seems like you would install the top edge first then simply snap the bottom into place, but with the curve it's hard to tell exactly how to position it before snapping the bottom on. Plus it really feels like a tight fit so a rubber maillot may end up denting it.

Do you have a pic of the piece in question?? I am very familiar with the early Cuda's and can't picture a piece of chrome trim on the A-pillar. The inside A-pillar trim is plastic, at least it is on all the cars I've had. Please include a pic and we'll see whats up here!!

Hold on, are you referring to the drip rail moulding on the outside?? That piece clips on from the underside first and then you press it on with the palm of your hand. It should terminate close to the top where it makes the turn, and close to the bottom where the drip channel stops!!

Heres a couple pics of the drip rail on my 66!! geof

Attachments

• 100_4642.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_4643.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 97
-
Back