Installing engine and need help.

-

360Duster75

Reaction score
Ok so I am trying to install my engine and for some reaons it keeps looking off center. I am putting a 360 back into a 75 duster, but I do not have the spool mounts I have the older style ones because of new k frame. When I look at the mounts the seem to be crooked also. I am begining to think maybe my brackets on the engine are on wrong or am I just putting the mounts on wrong. I just can't figure it out.

Ill get some in the morning and post them up I have a guy coming to help out with it tomorrow. Hope we figure it out

The engine is supposed to be "off center" towards the passenger's side of the car by ROUGHLY 1-1/2".

George

The engine is supposed to be "off center" towards the passenger's side of the car by ROUGHLY 1-1/2".

George

Beat me to it, Yup it is suppose to be off towards the pass side about 1 1/2". For two reasons, to offset the driveshaft to insure the needle bearings in the u-joint rotate. And It gives more room for the steering box/column and exhaust manifold.

Beat me to it, Yup it is suppose to be off towards the pass side about 1 1/2". For two reasons, to offset the driveshaft to insure the needle bearings in the u-joint rotate. And It gives more room for the steering box/column and exhaust manifold.
I gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat you at a technical post! :D
You are a wealth of information.

George

Well dang lol I did not know that thanks alot guys. One quick question on my mounts it has a little round rise on one side of it which way does it go up to the engine or down to the k frame?

If the K frame is a V8, the brackets should look like this. The nub goes in the upper hole in your engine bracket. Stud goes through the lower hole.

mounts004.jpg

mounts002.jpg

340mounts1.jpg

340mounts-1.jpg

Thanks for those pics they help ALOT!! i have one of those mounts but need the one that has the slight bend in it. I found the one i have lying in floor board. well actually i just looked at mine and the one i have is different to it doesnt have same bolt holes it has 3 but they are on the wrong side.

-
Back