Installing engine wiring harness

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Simple question, but can the engine wiring harness (hotwireauto) be installed with the engine already in, or is it best to just pull the engine, lay it out and re-install?

Cheers

Haven't dealt with that, but it seems to me it would be fairly simple to do on the car. Most of the harness connects on top of the motor and down the front, with a few dropping down by the firewall for crank and knock sensors.

I say in car, the crank sensor is a bit of a PITA to get to with headers, but the rest is easy, sure better than risking smashin a connector during install...

Joe

I agree : most of it connects to top and front of engine , easy , but knock sensors : both sides , and crank sensor , right side can be difficult depending on exhaust and chassis .

You might want to try your loom at the 'difficult' points with exhaust installed : out of the car.

My 15 year old opened the box in the mail when I got home he had it installed with the motor and tranny in it. So I'm gonna say engine in the car. the hardest connector would have been to the trans 545rfe but I still had the hump cut out and I Mage a removable plate so if I had to get to it again

-
Back