Installing Intake With Mag Heads

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
hey guys im about to re-install the keg onto my 5.9 and was wondering tips and tricks for install. i'll be using the end seals to some's dismay and other joys, but my concern is mostly ports and threads.

The gaskets i have are a graphite style with no raised sealing beads, but being graphite in thinking no sealer will be needed around the water ports, good idea or not?

Now onto the threads, are these wet holes? im going to chase and clean the holes are i had one break coming out (but its out now) so im looking for guidance there.

anything else i should know please throw it in as this is my first SBM intake install.

Leave the gaskets out and slobber blue glue on everything.

No silicone needed other than at the corners where it meets the end seals you are using.

The holes are dry, I never used sealer on any of these engines.

The most important thing is the steel cover on the bottom of the keg. If this isn't flat and leaks, it will burn oil and/or generally run like poo. Hughes makes a nice aluminum plate to go on there. I had a friend who had to have the mating surface for it machined to get it to seal properly, but once he had that and the aluminum plate, no more problems!

No silicone needed other than at the corners where it meets the end seals you are using.

The holes are dry, I never used sealer on any of these engines.

The most important thing is the steel cover on the bottom of the keg. If this isn't flat and leaks, it will burn oil and/or generally run like poo. Hughes makes a nice aluminum plate to go on there. I had a friend who had to have the mating surface for it machined to get it to seal properly, but once he had that and the aluminum plate, no more problems!

yea im done with the kegger mods and am making a plate my self tomorrow. and sounds like i'll anti-seize the bolts

805 did this on my carbed Maggie. The Fel Pro kit is a nice product. Ran the end seals,huge improvement over earlier stuff.

-
Back