Installing new convertor on 904 fill before ? valvoline dex/merc fluid?

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
Just a couple quick questions. Im getting ready to install my new convertor to the trans when my arp bolts get here. After a little reading is 1qt in the convertor adequate to fill before install? I see a lot of people claiming to use Dexron Type III I don't see too many fluids that are only type III. Is the Valvoline Dex/Merc ATF sufficient? And last I believe the 904 takes 9qts if I read correctly. If im installing a deep pan will ordering 12qts be enough? thanks for any input
Mark

I put 3 qt's in the converter it just depends on the size of the converter, you just don't want it to leak out when you stand it up to slide it in the pump.

I also put 2 to 3 qts in the pan then start it and add what ever it needs just don't let the pump run dry.

I put 3 qt's in the converter it just depends on the size of the converter, you just don't want it to leak out when you stand it up to slide it in the pump.

I also put 2 to 3 qts in the pan then start it and add what ever it needs just don't let the pump run dry.
Thanks ill try to get 3 qts in it. Definitely don't want to ruin a $800 convertor.

-
Back