installing relays with the EZ wiring harness

-

71dustar

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to properly install a relay with this harness for my lights and ignition for now. For the headlights, there is a single wire that says headlight power, so where would the relay go? \

also for the ignition do i need to have the ignition power and ignition start go to my push button start while the ignition switch wire, ignition switch acc, and the ignition switch coil go to a relay?

Any clarification would be great.

fig2.jpg

Did you wire it like the diagram, because the diagram is showing the switch turning on the ground circuit to the relay. Can you tell if your wire (headlamp power) has power or ground when switch is turned on.

i haven't wired it so far cuz i want to be 100% before cutting wires neither have i put power to the fuse block since i'm installing the harness with dash out. should i have my headlight power wire go to terminal 30 and 86 while my switch go to 85 but then where would terminal 87 hook to?

Or would my headlight power wire hook to the 87 terminal while my switch goes to the 85 and then i have a fused power wire go to 30 and 86?

I believe but you may want other opinions also that if your headlight power wire is a power wire from the headlight switch that would go to 86,30 would be fused power from battery,87 would go to headlight bulbs,85 would go to ground. What are you using for a headlight switch and how is switch wired?

so far my switch is a 20amp lighted, spst. i have ground and +12v power going to switch (to light bulb) then i'll have the last terminal for acc (headlights). just tested the wire and it will have power once hooked up to battery.

You have one wire for headlights, what about the brights (or am I brainfarting something here)? I'll have to go check the EZ Wire kit in the garage.

This is what I'm doing for the stock harness in the Dart and I was going to do somewhat the same for the 48 and my 53.

1.jpg

thanks for everything mod. you helped me figure out that the headlight power wire can go to 86/30 and then 87 would power my headlights/taillights/instrument cluster and then 85 would be my switch.

ya in their manual i didn't relaize that the headlight power wire goes to a headlight switch that powers all the lights with one wire going to the floor bright switch.

-
Back