installing seals on the roof rail, what type?

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
I have a question to ask and also a ***** I own a 67 barracuda notch back and I have been working on sealing the air leaks around the doors sinse the cold has set in and the first thing that I discovered was that there is a rubber type of sealer installed underneath the stainless side rail. does anyone know where you can get this stuff? the ***** that I have is that the side rail weather strip seal made by soft seal is to fat and will not fit in the molding like it is supposed to. Has anyone else experianced this?
Pat Faley
67 NB S Clone
Peoria IL

Under the stainless I have always used a vinyl foam weatherstrip available at most hardware stores. It is made for use around doors and windows in houses but I've had good luck with it. it has adhesive on one side so just peel off the backing and stick it to your stainless. It comes in all widths and thickness. The new weatherstrips do seem over size. i always start at the front and put the weatherstrip in the channel car side first and then work the outside lip into the channel using a wood paint stick. Just work it a couple inches at a time. It takes a while and a few swear words but it should go.

-
Back