installing tf-2

-

wireweld

Reaction score
How hard is it to install this shift kit? Can someone who has never overhauled a tranny do it? I have removed valve bodies and torque convertors and installed a gear vendors before but thats as far as it goes?
Or should I have a pro do it?

If you can read and like pictures you can handle it. :) Just be sure you understand the options they present in the instructions.

Wire - if your have patience, and can be clean, and organized you can handle it. With help from the FABO members just about anything can be done. - Venom

There's only one hard part to it and that's taking apart the rear servo to modify it and put their spring in it. Other than that it's a breeze. Just take your time to do everything right.

BTW: there's an option for making it downshift to low at any speed called shift command. I never do it or recommend it for a street car. Who really needs to downshift to 1st gear at 90 mph????

Do you have to put the rear servo spring in? Also, when you tight the front bands, it says to snug tight and back off 2 turns, does that mean 2 full turns of the bolt?

What I mean by put in the rear spring is, can I leave in the original spring or do I have to use the one that comes with the kit?

It's not only the main spring you have to change in the rear servo you also have to remove the little spring on the servo shaft and replace it with a spacer. If you don't do that mod it will most likely have overlap on the 1 to 2 shift and that will eventually destroy the trans.

And yes once you tighten down the front band you back the bolt off 2 complete turns.

-
Back