Installing Windshield Stainless Trim Help

-

ClassicSnap

Reaction score
Evening all, I installed the front and rear glass in my 67 Notchback using 68 gaskets. I have the stainless trim and the rear trim went in without any hitches. The front however is being one S.O.B. Have installed the clips on the correct locations but that trim will just not hookup. The trim was already out when I got the car.

Looking for some pointers, special tools, ninja powers or mind melding tricks to get this sucker in. What have you used etc? Pictures of installs..

Spent 6+ hours trying to get the trim in and I'm about ready to throw it under the next truck that drives down my road. Lol

Start from side, top, bottom? All help appreciated greatly as I'm running out of Tylenol !

Evening all, I installed the front and rear glass in my 67 Notchback using 68 gaskets. I have the stainless trim and the rear trim went in without any hitches. The front however is being one S.O.B. Have installed the clips on the correct locations but that trim will just not hookup. The trim was already out when I got the car.

Looking for some pointers, special tools, ninja powers or mind melding tricks to get this sucker in. What have you used etc? Pictures of installs..

Spent 6+ hours trying to get the trim in and I'm about ready to throw it under the next truck that drives down my road. Lol

Start from side, top, bottom? All help appreciated greatly as I'm running out of Tylenol !
Make sure the lip of the SS trim is not bent where the clip retains it. As I recall that lip is pretty shallow.

I've had to us a small block of wood and a hammer. Its a touchy method and may dent the molding.
If you do try this method make sure the block of wood is at least 5 or 6 inches long lessening the chance of denting and put some tape on the trim tapping just on the edge of the trim where to clip is.

I hope you have the clips in the right spot.

Thanks for the info. Yes clips are in right spot. I think I'll try your method of using a block of wood. I have plenty of wide tape and we'll. Will let you know. :)

I used a very soft rubber hammer to get that trim to clip in. Worked well. Use masking tape to protect the paint.

Cley

I used a very soft rubber hammer to get that trim to clip in. Worked well. Use masking tape to protect the paint.

Cley
I have a rubber mallet. Hoping between the wood, tape and if the planets line up, that this will go in! :)

-
Back