instrument bezel repair question

-

Duster Duke Boy

Just a good ol boy
Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of epoxy/glue I could use to fix the screw holes on my bezel? I think there was a tube on back side that broke off I could probabaly use plastic hose of some sort to glue on.

And is there any product out there to repair the missing chunks? Like a bondo like putty I could mold and shape?

Thanks

tempImagelrTGTT.png

tempImageX3fSGj.png

JBWeld for the missing chunks. I duct tape wax paper to the back of the panel with some sort of stiff backer like popsicle sticks or heavy cardboard, then fill in the gaps and sculpt to the rough shape. After curing, peel off the tape/backer and finish shaping the patch.
For the screw holes, just epoxy small flat washers to the back side of the panel- the thickness of the panel gives the screw heads a recess to sit in.

JBWeld for the missing chunks. I duct tape wax paper to the back of the panel with some sort of stiff backer like popsicle sticks or heavy cardboard, then fill in the gaps and sculpt to the rough shape. After curing, peel off the tape/backer and finish shaping the patch.
For the screw holes, just epoxy small flat washers to the back side of the panel- the thickness of the panel gives the screw heads a recess to sit in.
Thanks

Unless you don’t mind waiting 24 hours use the 15 minute JB weld.
Bondo hair works good for those kinds of repairs and is a little more manageable when shaping.
It’s a fiberglass repair product with short strands of fiberglass in it.

TONS of hacks using superglue with baking soda or concrete dust/mortar

Unless you don’t mind waiting 24 hours use the 15 minute JB weld.
Bondo hair works good for those kinds of repairs and is a little more manageable when shaping.
It’s a fiberglass repair product with short strands of fiberglass in it.
I'm in no hurry car is not going anywhere till spring

-
Back