• Cleaned/burnished the contact points on the lamp jacks
  • Replaced all lamps with new 2825 bulbs
  • Replaced the headlight switch

Things I've noticed:
  • Headlights work fine
  • Parking lights work fine when engaged from the switch
  • New lamps that are working are much brighter
  • Rear turn signals work fine
  • Left front signal works fine and lights up on the cluster; right front signal does neither
  • Oil indicator lights up fine
  • Gas/temp/alternator lights up fine
  • Speedometer does not light up

Thus, the problems I'm trying to solve:
  • Right front signal does not light up on the cluster nor the amber grill light
  • Speedometer does not light up

Am I missing something obvious?

As always, thanks for the help. I've got my meter ready to go....

Sounds like you have a couple of separate problems

For the front signal lamp, access the TS switch connector there coming out of the column and see if you have power at that connector for the right turn. If not, it's likely the TS switch itself

I assume from your description that the rear ones work? Both sides?

Speedo lights.........more than one? Check over the PC board in the cluster. If some lights do and some dont it's got to be "right there" Could be bulb(s), socket(s) or dirty connections on the PC board.

If your car "is one of those" with a two piece PC board, could be the transfer wire between the two.

Sounds like you have a couple of separate problems

For the front signal lamp, access the TS switch connector there coming out of the column and see if you have power at that connector for the right turn. If not, it's likely the TS switch itself

OK, thanks. I will look into it this coming weekend, if not sooner.

I assume from your description that the rear ones work? Both sides?

Yes, both rear sides work.

Speedo lights.........more than one? Check over the PC board in the cluster. If some lights do and some dont it's got to be "right there" Could be bulb(s), socket(s) or dirty connections on the PC board.

No, just one light for speedo. I'm almost positive this light worked when I first got the car.

If your car "is one of those" with a two piece PC board, could be the transfer wire between the two.

Single board.

Is there a way to test these lights with the cluster removed?

It's possible it's a broken PC board trace to that lamp, but much more likely a poor socket connection, right in the socket, or dirty PC board. You should be able to swap with another socket and figure half of it out.

-
Back