Instrument cluster removal

-

gunbunny

Reaction score
I have a question.
How does the instrument cluster come out of a 75 Dart?
I removed the screws, it moves a little, but something is keeping it from coming out.
Do I need to disconnect the speedo cable and switches?
That was the reason I wanted to take the cluster out, I can't reach those things. Arthur and limited room are working against me.
I need to replace a butt load of dash lamps. Seems like all but one is burnt out.

Remove speedo cable, remove wiring for wiper switch and headlight switch. It should pull out enough to remove the dash wiring plug.

If it’s floor shift, it should come out at this point. If it’s column shift I would loosen the column bolts and drop it down. You don’t have too, you can shift into 1st and then wiggle it out, but it’s tight and a high chance of cracking old plastic.

I also take my front seat out, so I can lay on the floor to reach up and disconnect everything.

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!!!!

I don't know if your year has a live ammeter or not, but if you don't you could melt down the wiring and bulkhead connector.

Just pulled mine disconnect battery!! I left light switch and wiper switch just removed the retaining nuts lowered the column and that gave me enough room to get to speedo cable and cluster plug, as said don't force it that old plastic will break ask me how I know

Last edited:
-
Back