Instrument panel bulbs

-

sic71dart

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a vendor that sells them? I bought a couple about 5 years ago from a vendor who must be out of business now as their website doesn't work (buymopar.com) I now need a few more of them, the ones that go in behind the instrument panel to give it illumination.

I used to work at a Chrsyler Dealership and if you go in there I know my parts department stocked them so your local Dodge or Chrysler dealer should have them. There are alot of NAPA stores that dont carry those bulbs. I do know that www.whitegauges.net sells LED versions that plug straight in the original black plugs. I have personally used the LED's from whitegauges and they work well and brighten up the dash cluster alot more then stock.

Jeff

Any auto parts store ought to carry them. They are #158. I have read that the #194 works as well and are available as #194R if you want them in red. Don't know and can't see the difference between the #158 & #194.

Problem is is I dont have all the original black plastic bases for the bulbs in my car. I suppose I could pull some out of a car from a junkyard or something and go with the LED bulbs though.

The 194 is brighter at 3.8 watts, compared to 3.36 watts for the 158. They are readily available.

go to the auto parts store and bring the old bulb and socket with you. they will either have the sockets seperate made most times by dorman products or the combo like a number PC194 or PC168.

either one will have them. I usually go to winchester since I worked for another parts plus supplied store and I know what products they stock.

My 74 Dart had a few of the sockets broken and the bulbs weren't making good contact, therefore not lighting up. Go to Advance Auto and look for "CALTERM (08523) Instrument Panel Socket" for the socket. I think it came with two replacement sockets in the package. It fits 5/8" instrument panel socket holes. Advance Auto part 5473136. Should be around $3.00 per package.

I checked my original 74 owners manual. The speedo/instrument bulbs were #158. I think the 158s have been replaced by 194s. Sylvania makes a box of ten 194 bulbs (Sylvania part #34761). Advance Auto part 5081602. Again about $3.00 per box a couple years back.

If you don't have an Advance Auto, call Calterm in Milwaukee, WI at (800) 228-5123.

-
Back