insturment cluster lens

-

gunbunny

Reaction score
1975 Dart Special Edition, w/318.
Last year I noticed I had seemed to have a charging issue. I put the car in the garage and finally got around to it this week.
I pulled the regulator off and it was all bubbled and burned, so I replaced it and that seems to have fixed that issue.
I waited until dark to drive the car, with a full load, lights, blower, wipers, etc. when I did I noticed that the lens has a bunch of light spider web cracks.
I rarely ever have the car out in the dark, and I never really noticed it before. You have to really look at it in the daytime to see.
Now that I see it, I can't help but notice it all the time.
The question I have is, can the lens be replaced without swapping the entire cluster?
I don't want to take the gauge cluster out if it isn't going to come apart.
If it does, I'll find a old cluster with a good lens. If not, I guess I need to find a good quality take out and get the mileage taken care of at a speedo shop.

cluster-jpg.jpg

Looks like this.
I found a parts book, I'm pretty sure the bezel will come apart, but not sure about the lens.
The way the spiderwebing looks, I get the impression it's one big lens.
Not sure.

I've no idea unfortunately, but gotta be a way to seperate/dismantle? Which lens?
Well, the spider webbing starts at the odometer and is into the fuel and temp gauge.
That's what makes me think its one lens. It may very well be two lenses that are cracked.
I'd love to know how it happened.
My garage never gets to freezing.

They come apart. All of the glass is separate. There’s several hex head screws that hold it together on the back. Also the stamped nuts on the terminal posts need to come off

few shots of what your talking about, the gas/temp & ammeter are on a different piece, same theory. Bezel...that big ol piece don't come apart, you can remove everything from it, the front doesn't come off, and there is a metal pot for the back.

20220319_151425.jpg

20220319_151442.jpg

20220319_151458.jpg

-
Back