Insulation replacement

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
I have pulled my heater unit out of my 67 dart and would like to remove the 49 yo nasty falling apart itchy insulation pad that is up inside the dash area. Any ideas and what the process might be for replacing. Thanks and a Merry Christmas to all.

I know a lot of people use dynamat or similar and use spray 3M contact cement with good results.
Personally I use carpet pad and spray cement because I hate paying for the big names.
The 3M name is worth it though.:D

I'm pretty sure Detroit Muscle Technology has the original style replacement. The black fiberboard with the yellow fiberglass back and the pins to hold it in place. Give Jim a call or e-mail to check.

I use carpet pad and spray cement because I hate paying for the big names.

That's what I did too. My wife works at a flooring store and brought home some scraps, so other than a can of spray adhesive it didn't cost me anything.:)

DMT will sell you individual pieces of insulation CHEAP. Not worth the effort to make some for me. They don't charge you a million bucks for shipping either.

Thanks mopowers Ill check with them on Monday. I had a license plate for a 73 Satellite that said mopr pwr and my plate on top read "put some" the bottom read "under your hood". Your nickname reminded me of it.

-
Back