insurance for young gun

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Does anyone know of classic car insurance for young guns? I recently turned 21 but my Duster is still insured with nationwide. I would like to get full coverage. So far the only place I found is hagertys. Only downside is I have to get my own policy. That means almost double the rate for my daily driver. Since I am still with my parents insurance policy.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Hey I had a similar problem because most of the classic car insurance companies won’t let you be on your own insurance unless you’re over 25. The only way they will let you is if you pay through the nose, as you have all ready found out on your own. What I ended up doing was putting both my fathers and my name on the registration. This allowed me to be eligible for the classic car rates that every adult pays. I have travelers and by doing it that way I only pay $180 for the whole year and have unlimited mileage on my 1970 Duster 340. At least that’s how it works here in Jersey, hope that helps.

Hey I had a similar problem because most of the classic car insurance companies won’t let you be on your own insurance unless you’re over 25. The only way they will let you is if you pay through the nose, as you have all ready found out on your own. What I ended up doing was putting both my fathers and my name on the registration. This allowed me to be eligible for the classic car rates that every adult pays. I have travelers and by doing it that way I only pay $180 for the whole year and have unlimited mileage on my 1970 Duster 340. At least that’s how it works here in Jersey, hope that helps.

I'll have to look into that. That would be great if I can do it. Ohio may have a different policy though. I tried heacock classic. With them you have to be at least 30!

Does anyone know of classic car insurance for young guns? I recently turned 21 but my Duster is still insured with nationwide. I would like to get full coverage. So far the only place I found is hagertys. Only downside is I have to get my own policy. That means almost double the rate for my daily driver. Since I am still with my parents insurance policy.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Perhaps you can have your parents insure it with Hagerty and add you as a driver.

-
Back