Insurance

-
Wow, this is confusing. I have The Hartford on my vehicles. 5 total, full coverage on 3, about $900 a year. I have a '66 Chevelle that they told me they no longer do agreed value coverage on. Checked with Hagerty, and it was I believe about $600 a year. Went to State Farm and got $32,000 agreed value for about $250 a year.

What kind of coverage did you get through State Farm? I've seen some negative comments about them from other members btw just curious.

I was just impressed by Hagerty because they didn't ask for a bunch of BS documents, photos etc. I just explained over the phone about my car and how I use it and they gave me a policy straight up.

I checked with Hagerty and the first time the agent told me that my driving would be restricted and driving the car to the parts store would not be allowed, but driving to a car show would be. The second time I called I was given a different answer. Does anyone have an actual policy that describes the use restrictions they could post or quote?

What kind of coverage did you get through State Farm? I've seen some negative comments about them from other members btw just curious.

I was just impressed by Hagerty because they didn't ask for a bunch of BS documents, photos etc. I just explained over the phone about my car and how I use it and they gave me a policy straight up.

When I checked on Hagerty, I had to show them all the documents on the car. Appraisal, pictures, title, etc. I did the same with State Farm, and the coverage is equal to what I have with Hartford, except for limited mileage, and proof of secured storage. Sometimes I think it all has to do with the agent.

Man.
I've been through trying to get a fair settlement from the other driver's insurance twice now.
Nice daily driver.
I only keep liability on it through a standard policy.
Insurance companies are in a racket.
Just google body shops and insurance companies.
Lawsuits.
In a normal car wreck the company will lowball the body shop to save money.
I'm just saying whatever insurance carrier you chose for your baby, consider what will happen if you need to make claim with that lower priced insurer.
Does the company understand that 40 something dollars hour labor isn't the correct amount for an antique car?
Will they want to just pull and fill or replace?
Diminished value?
Touch up paint with the wrong paint , or do it right?
If your car doesn't fit the standard the appraiser is going to use it's going to be a nightmare.

In response to adriver, Hagerity does insure my 2010 SRT. When I asked she said they are insuring new Challengers, I don't know if it was only SRT specifically.

-
Back