Intake fitment questions and best one

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
I have a 71 Duster with a 440 and it had a TM7 intake on the old engine im removing and stock style breather. I have a Eddie rpm intake and was wondering if it will fit under stock hood with a drop base air cleaner. My engine will be 10.5 to 1 compression with Eddie heads , 3500 stall and 4.30 gear and it's a street strip car more strip. It's a full body car no rear seat. Which of the two intakes would work best. If rpm would fit with a drop air cleaner should I use it or the TM7 engine will be spun nor more then 6k. Thanks guys I threw in a few pics of my car

636068555290757507.jpg

636068555353726660.jpg

636068555405758243.jpg

Post more pictures..... I am assuming the pictures have been run through Photoshop or the such to get the look in the Photographs.... Either way the car looks great...

JW

I'm a small block guy, but I would think that the newer RPM would provide the best all-around performance for your application. You want to lean towards torque and HP in the operating range, as you described, not "peak' numbers. But here are some good articles that can help educate you on intake applications.

Analyzing Six Different Intakes on Our 440 Dyno Engine - Mopar Muscle

Intake Manifold Engine & RPM Range Test - Mopar Muscle Magazine

Part 1 of Hot Rod's Mopar Intake Manifold Shootout

Part 2 of Hot Rod's Mopar Intake Manifold Shootout

Yeah I've read some of those hot rod articles..both put out some good numbers. I'm just concerned of the rpm would fit under stock hood with a drop base air cleaner or no..if the TM7 is good I'd like to keep it because my stock 440 dual snorkel air fits and looks good

Post more pictures..... I am assuming the pictures have been run through Photoshop or the such to get the look in the Photographs.... Either way the car looks great...

JW

The paint on this car looks as good as my 2015 scat pack paint looked ..these photos were in a dark storage facility where I purchased car. The Super Bee is for sale it's not a six pack but a real Bee and correct color combo white interior

20161115_103659.jpg

20161118_153119.jpg

tmp_cl_img.1478547789.104292.jpg

The RPM intake should fit with the drop base. I have the RPM intake on my Scamp with a ram air system set up and the air filter is about 1" up into the hood opening. I am pleased with the way the RPM works at the strip and on the street.

If the engine/converter/gear/use favors screaming runs, go for single plane.
Need more torque, go stock dual plane.

I have a 71 Duster with a 440 and it had a TM7 intake on the old engine im removing and stock style breather. I have a Eddie rpm intake and was wondering if it will fit under stock hood with a drop base air cleaner. My engine will be 10.5 to 1 compression with Eddie heads , 3500 stall and 4.30 gear and it's a street strip car more strip. It's a full body car no rear seat. Which of the two intakes would work best. If rpm would fit with a drop air cleaner should I use it or the TM7 engine will be spun nor more then 6k. Thanks guys I threw in a few pics of my car

View attachment 1715001828

View attachment 1715001829

View attachment 1715001830
which eddie heads ? the raised port heads will make a big difference on your intake heighth.

-
Back