Intake gasket advice needed.

-

ozmoparjoe

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i want to replace the intake gaskets on my 360 as i believe it has a vacuum leak, i have a set of these gaskets on hand (see pic) and was wondering if they would be ok to use with aluminium heads? Should i use sealer with them?
Thanks.
20210213_134646.jpg

I put a film of rtv on both sides of the gasket at all of the water ports. That also helps hold the gasket in place during installation of the intake. And I don't use the cork gaskets on the front and rear of the valley (personal preference), I use a generous amount of rtv. And yes I think those gaskets will be fine. What brand are they?

Agreed.
Especially the rtv on the ends. It allows the sides of the intake to fully sit on the heads, and the rtv seals very well.

I believe those are Victor gaskets they should work fine actually they have become my preferred intake gasket, follow directions others have suggested and you'll be fine.

Will your bolts go in with these gaskets? Do a dry run first, no sealers. New gaskets should be very close in thickness compared to the old ones. My '72 318 has steel shims for instance. Just make sure that everything fits as it should.

-
Back