Intake Manifold Bolt size(s)

-

340inabbody

Reaction score
Just a few questions regarding LA intake manifold bolt lengths. Are all the bolts the same size or are there two that need to be longer?

What length is needed as I am installing an aftermarket aluminum intake (the cheap *** ones for magnum/LA). Will 1” work or do I need longer?

Thanks

There are factors that MIGHT make the lengths differ from stock. If the flange in the new manifold are thicker or thinner.

I'll find a set of stock I have and get you a measurement.

The set of OEM "23" 67 dart intake manifold bolts measure:

washer to end 1.5"
diameter 0.365"
pitch is 16 TPI
9/16" hex head
Overall length 1.88"
All the same length
Total 12

I have some others (don't know the application) that are 1" washer to end

Best thing you can do is set the manifold in place and with a wire measure the depth

Last edited:
There are factors that MIGHT make the lengths differ from stock. If the flange in the new manifold are thicker or thinner.

I'll find a set of stock I have and get you a measurement.

The set of OEM "23" 67 dart intake manifold bolts measure:

washer to end 1.5"
diameter 0.365"
pitch is 16 TPI
9/16" hex head
Overall length 1.88"
All the same length
Total 12

I have some others (don't know the application) that are 1" washer to end

Best thing you can do is set the manifold in place and with a wire measure the depth
Thanks when I get the manifold Ill measure them.

Just removed the bolts off the 340 with the M1 single. Kinda what I was expecting. A mixed bag. So how does one by a set of 12 points with this combo? Apparently not….. what do you guys use? Can I buy single 12 points anywhere?

IMG_1645.jpeg

Factory intake bolts all have captive washers on them and are all the same length. Just a bit shorter than 2". If you're buying new bolts, just get some that are 1 3/4 not counting the bolt head and use flat washers on them. Use thread sealer on every bolt! Every one of them thread into areas with oil splash and oil will wick up the threads of the bolt and puddle up under the bolt heads onto your intake if you don't seal them.

Mine has Two Longer Bolts in the Front One on Each side...
All of the rest are shorter.

1.jpg

-
Back