Intake Manifold Heater Hose Connection

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On 69 and earlier intakes the heater hose connection fits a 5/8" heater hose but on the 70 and later plus most aftermarket manifolds use a 1/2" hose. Since my dart is a 68 both heater hoses are 5/8" but my air gap has the opening set up for 1/2" hose does someone make an adapter that goes from 1/2 to 5/8?? Or what else works??

Jeff,
Are you needing the nipple that screws into the intake?
1/2" pipe thread is the size needed for the nipple. The heater hose itself is 5/8". The 5/8" hose will slip over the 1/2" pipe nipple.

I just did all this crap on my Dart. I used 1/2" X 3" close nipples from Home Depot for the nipples, and regular 5/8" heater hose.

Hope this helps.

George

My manifold only has 1/4" pipe threads. Or it might be 3/8". I suppose I could drill it out and retap to the larger threads.

I'm not trying to argue with a pro like yourself, but are you sure about that? I have never seen a heater hose that is 1/2" I.D. before. Heck, guys run 1/2" I.D. fuel line. Hardly any coolant would flow to the heater core with a hose that small.

Geo

I'm not trying to argue with a pro like yourself, but are you sure about that? I have never seen a heater hose that is 1/2" I.D. before. Heck, guys run 1/2" I.D. fuel line. Hardly any coolant would flow to the heater core with a hose that small.

Geo

George, You crack me up. LOL Pro!! Yes sure and the manifold is threaded to 1/4" pipe threads. And I do run 1/2" fuel line on my race car.

I went through this on my 67 Dart. I have an Edelbrock air gap intake also and I just screwed 1/2" hose fitting in the intake, slipped on the 5/8" hose and tightened the hose clamp down and have never seen a drop come out of it. I did a lot of searching but could never find a 5/8" hose fitting to fit that intake.

After what I saw you do with that racecar in such a short time, yes, you are a pro! The car freakin RUNS, too. :burnout:
Lemme get this straight......you need a 5/8" hose nipple with 1/4" pipe threads, correct?
I could weld something up for you for free if I know exactly what you need. I don't want to make it if you won't be able to use it.

I never forgot that coil wire you made for me, or the heater box clips you sent.....all for free.
Get back to me Jeff, and I'll hook YOU up this time.

George

George, You crack me up. LOL Pro!! Yes sure and the manifold is threaded to 1/4" pipe threads. And I do run 1/2" fuel line on my race car.

George, Thanks for the offer. I used 1/2" hose almost to the heater core, then a plastic hose adapter to go from the 1/2" hose to the 5/8" hose to hook up to the heater core. They have these shrinking type hose clamps that I used on the adapter. I have some sleeving to over it all so it won't be seen.

-
Back