intake manifold help

-

kocuda

Reaction score
I currently have a 12.5 to 1, 440ci, eddy rpm heads, with a quickfuel 850 double pumper and a weiand team g manifold. I need to replace the manifold, seems the previous owner installed this manifold made for a dominator, and installed an adaptor to put the carb on.
Im convinced this manifold is the wrong set up.
My cam specs are lift at valves, intake 563, exhaust 585. Duration, intake 300, exhaust 310.
I'm running a 4500 stall converter and 456 gears.
I need suggestions on what manifold to use.
I sure one of you guru's can make sense of all this and make a recomendation.

Victor or a Super Victor if sticking with a 4150 based holley.

Victor or a Super Victor if sticking with a 4150 based holley.

Thanks crackedback, I believe this cam is set up to opperate in the 4500 to 7500rpm range. Is that compatable with the Victor manifolds?

All input appriciated!

Thanks crackedback, I believe this cam is set up to opperate in the 4500 to 7500rpm range. Is that compatable with the Victor manifolds?

All input appriciated!

3500-7500 would be the Victor. Get some good times on the Weiand before changing over and I'd be surprised if the Victor doesn't shave .2-.3 off your time. Then put the Weiand up for sale here. Also the Victor will be about 1" taller than the G. I'm not even sure that Weiand/Holley make that single plane Team G for the 440 anymore.

3500-7500 would be the Victor. Get some good times on the Weiand before changing over and I'd be surprised if the Victor doesn't shave .2-.3 off your time. Then put the Weiand up for sale here. Also the Victor will be about 1" taller than the G. I'm not even sure that Weiand/Holley make that single plane Team G for the 440 anymore.

Thanks guys,
I'm ordering the Victor and the team G will go up for sale!

Thanks guys,
I'm ordering the Victor and the team G will go up for sale!

If you're not height limited (big assed hood scoop) I'd also plan on experimenting with a 1" 4 hole spacer. With that single plane the engine could be a little "doggy" up to 3000 RPM and the 4 hole could help that.

-
Back