Intake suggestions

-

smythge

65 with a BIG BLOCK
Reaction score
I am swapping my cam this weekend and I am currently running a Edlebrock performer dual plane intake. I'd like to switch to a single plan, and was looking for some suggestions. The motor is a 67 440 bored .30 over KB 10.1 pistons, will have Mopar .509 lift .248 duration purple cam, with stock 906 heads, and either a Demon 750 or Holley 750 double pumper sitting on top of it.

well, you will lose some bottom end with that single plane. also, your heads have not seen any port/polish/gasket match work according to your post, so I would stick with the dual plane you have or go to a performer RPM dual plane. run a 1/2" open plenum spacer for heat soak issues as well as good flow at WOT. I'd go with a holley, demons run rich out of the box. they can be tuned, but it takes some finessing.

smythge, that Performer is just basically an aluminum stock-performance type manifold. With the engine you have, I go with either the RPM, as redfastback suggested, or the Airgap. Even an older manifold like the Edelbrock LD340 or the Holley Street Dominator would be much better for your current application.

smythge said:
I am swapping my cam this weekend and I am currently running a Edlebrock performer dual plane intake. I'd like to switch to a single plan, and was looking for some suggestions. The motor is a 67 440 bored .30 over KB 10.1 pistons, will have Mopar .509 lift .248 duration purple cam, with stock 906 heads, and either a Demon 750 or Holley 750 double pumper sitting on top of it.

I'd recommend before going to a single plane, doing some port work on the heads otherwise stick with a good dual plane. Your combo is pretty close to my 383 (same cam and compression) but my heads have been ported and I'm running the Demon 750 DP on top of a Weiand single plane. :evil2:

P9100005 (Custom).JPG

If you are set on a single plane manifold, the best two are the M-1 from mopar or the Street dominator from Holley. The M-1 is probably 2 inches taller than the street dominator but both work very well. The Performer RPM is a dual plane, but it is a VERY good manifold. If you think that you might put spray on the car at some future point go with a single plane. If you have enough convertor and gear now, a single plane would be okay.

don

Thanks for all your help, I have decided on the Edelbrock Performer RPM

-
Back