Intake valve guides

-

JJH

Reaction score
Doing a little bowl and gasket matching work on my 675s for my 318. Not looking to go crazy, but should I do more work around the valve guides? Will it affect low (sub 4000) rpms much? Or is it only beneficial in high lift cam/high rpm combos?

20181222_151050.jpg

Especially if that's the finished port.
Think smooth. Rough is one thing but bumpy jagged ledges everywhere is not an improvement.
It would be a disservice not to point that out.

So leave as is? The way I'm understanding your statement is that I have either went too far or have made a mistake? Forgive me if I'm reading it wrong. This is my first time doing any work like this lol

Doing a little bowl and gasket matching work on my 675s for my 318. Not looking to go crazy, but should I do more work around the valve guides? Will it affect low (sub 4000) rpms much? Or is it only beneficial in high lift cam/high rpm combos?

View attachment 1715265170
I think he means.. you did plenty hogging, now do the blending, smooth out your rough edges.

Its gotta be nice and round near the valve job.
Probably the pics, but use you fingers and feel it for any dips and grooves from the stones. Smooth those out, camera flash exaggerates every little dip and groove....helps you, but also helps it look funky online.lol

-
Back