intakes & port sizes

-

ultanium

Reaction score
I'm fixing to get my demon running with the engine that came with it from the PO. It is a 318 with a mild cam, 340 heads, and an old SP2P intake. When I first fired it up, water leaked everywhere, so I yanked the intake and saw the port size mismatch along with what looked like bathroom caulk for permatex. So I went on the hunt for another spreadbore intake, to do things right, but most do not even list whether or not they have larger ports. Is there a definitive list somewhere that will make my shopping easier? There isn't a lot of room for a high rise intake under the hood, like say the M1, so I'm open for suggestions. I will be swapping in a street built 340 soon, and would like to use the new intake on that engine as well. Appreciate any help!

Tommy J.
Houston, Tx

The sealing problem sounds like a previous owner malfunction. If your worried about port match with the large port heads.......The Weiand Stealth or Eddy Performer RPM/Airgap will probably be your best bet.

Make sure you dont use a 318 metal intake gasket on 340/360 heads. It will make a giant vacuum leak and you wont be a happy camper.

273/318 are small port heads 360/340 are big port. If you can't tell what port size the intake is post up a link or a part number and someone here will know.

What do you have? Let's start there .First ,the whole combination. What do you want it to do?.....

I actually prefer the Weiand Action Plus, but the performer will work.

Is the Weiand 8007 large port? I searched and found conflicting posts. Wish all manufacturers would just say if they are large or small, I know they want to sell more intakes, but a performance manifold is not a one-size-fits-all kinda thing.

Tj

-
Back