Interchangeable bumpers?

-

crazyswede

Reaction score
Well i had an accident today! Long story short it wasnt my fault but i ended up with a smashed grill and bumper on my -72 valiant. So i seen fiberglass bumpers being sold as to fit 67-72. I have a guy that has the 69 bumpers ready to sell. Would that one fit my -72. Its only the front im talking about. The back bumper i know differs from different years with reverse light etc. Hes far away so i cant go and look at it and compare. Thats why i ask you A-body gods here :)

Like 67-69 Barracuda bumpers are the same front and rear. Don't like one or the other just swap them!:)

Thx a lot for the answer! Now for my next question in the same matter. I found a 67 valiant thats being parted out. If i want to convert the frontend to a 67 what parts would i need to salvage from it. If i say Hood, grill, frontplate that house the indicators along with the centerpiece would that be enough or are the lighthousings etc all different?

Thx a lot for the answer! Now for my next question in the same matter. I found a 67 valiant thats being parted out. If i want to convert the frontend to a 67 what parts would i need to salvage from it. If i say Hood, grill, frontplate that house the indicators along with the centerpiece would that be enough or are the lighthousings etc all different?

There are slight differences in the headlight bucket

That is 100 percent incorrect, Valiant bumpers are NOT interchangable front and rear.

Understood.

Was making the comment that 67-69 Barracudas were, and if the OP was wanting to swap front to rear or just year inter changeability.

My bad. Probably want clear enough! It was year interchangeability i asked for. As for the headlight bucket on the 67 being different. Can anyone enlight me in the differences? Is it just the mountingpoints for the grill that differs? If so ill sort it out anyway. Or is it a must to change those aswell when converting. Sadly parts arent easy to find around here so i went ahead and bought the entire 67 front. I wouldnt mind not having to change the lights though if i can get away with it.

You can make it work, the differences are small. I have the headlight bucket assy. and part of my radiator support from a 70 Duster on my 67.

Well thanks to everyone for the input. After a 650 mile roadtrip and a week of putting everything back together the old lady is back on the road again!

Before

During

After (Hood is not changed to 67 but i have it and will get it fixed and painted during the winter)

-
Back