Interesting '62 Toad blown big block(!) car for sale on Reno C/L

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
1962 Plymouth Valiant

Not mine.

The asking price is about half of what I've got invested in my '62 Toad, but I don't have anywhere near all the cool stuff that this guy has. OTOH, that car is pretty much limited to the strip, while mine is a driver.

It was hard enough squeezing an LA motor in my '62 Valiant; I don't even want to think about getting an RB motor to fit in there! I really dig those fenderwell headers, though, and wonder if they would be OK on a driver.

but where you going to run it to enjoy it.....

Hell I'd street drive it, put some decent pulleys on it to drop the boost. Blower cars draw lots of attention from the general public.

Hell I'd street drive it, put some decent pulleys on it to drop the boost. Blower cars draw lots of attention from the general public.

so does running around naked..but are you sure you need the attention? can you say GESTAPO....:eek::eek::eek:

Dan, please tell me more! That's not the Lancer on the cover, is it? Have you got a picture of the Golden Lancer that you can share with us?

Back in 1960, Hot Rod put a Chevy SB V8 into a '60 Valiant because they felt the Valiant was the best-handling compact car. (Of course the LA motor had not yet gone into production.) They took it to the strip, 13" wheels and all! I will look up the time slips if anybody is interested.

Somewhere I've got that issue of Hot Rod magazine. Haven't read it in many, many years. I'll see if I can find it and scan the article. They stuffed a 413 and (if I'm not mistaken) a 727 automatic and 8-3/4" rear axle into a '62 Lancer. Made new torsion bars out of solid hex stock.

-
Back