Interior colour

-

71Duster

Reaction score
The interior of my 71 Duster was originally all blue, at some point in time the bucket seats got lost and it had an ugly as sin houndstooth bench put in it.

I got a set of buckets from a 73' Duster in black that where pretty mint. I also picked up a console as my car was a bucket seats column shift car.

The question is now I need to re-do the seats as they are starting to crack, I just got new door panals in blue and was having thoughts on what to do with the seats. As I read it there are only black white and bright orange as colour options for seats in 71'

Also is it possible to put 71' style seat covers on a 73' seat?

I had the same question a few threads away.
its seems that other posters are sure that legendary will make seat upholstery to match whatever your needs. i need my 75 dart buckets re-done in 67 valiant red and i'm told legendary will help, though i have'nt called them yet.

Thanks heres my next question.

The upper steel half of the door should be the same blue as my dash I assume. When you spray i is it just masked off at the edges?

in my car, the blue on the doors is the same color as the dash, but the dash appears rougher, like its flat or semi flat paint, almost with a texture. that MAY be from sun exposure or something, not sure.
the blue paint appears to end under the door weatherstripping.(white exterior)
the door panels are easier to remove than mask for paint.

The 71 covers will not fit on the 73 frames. The foam and other framework is different.

-
Back