interior config differences

-

theothergarth

Reaction score
I have seen several pics here and other places with Dusters (73 and 74s specifically) in various stages of being dismantled. Something I have noticed on interior shots with the back seat removed is a couple of metal bars that cross to, I assume, form a brace for the back of the rear seat and seperate the cabin from the trunk. I have a 73 and a 74, and neither are like that. On both of mine the rear seat back folds down, there is a small area behind the seat, then there is a additional panel that folds down for access to the trunk. I have never seen this on any other Duster. What gives? Is this a rare option/special, or just another way they could be ordered?

Beginning in 73 the fold down rear seat was an option for the Duster and Dart Sport, the bars you have saw are exactally what you thought, braces for the non fold down seat, the fold down seat is made stiffer because of the access to the trunk, lots of cars came with it, I have had about 6 or 7 Dusters and Dart Sports and it's been about 50/50 for me, my 74 Sport has fold down

kinda what I expected...just thought it was weird I have seen nothing but fixed back seats with the exception of my 2

Beginning in 73 the fold down rear seat was an option for the Duster and Dart Sport, the bars you have saw are exactally what you thought, braces for the non fold down seat, the fold down seat is made stiffer because of the access to the trunk, lots of cars came with it, I have had about 6 or 7 Dusters and Dart Sports and it's been about 50/50 for me, my 74 Sport has fold down

I've seen 1 '72 that has a Fold Down rear seat too, my '72 Demon (August or September '72 production if I remember correctly, right around the time they would have started building the '73 models)

-
Back