[WANTED] Interior Dash screw fasteners with nutplates.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am seeking the 7 dash fasteners with the nutplates that slide onto the dash fastener holes to hold the instrument panel securely in a 1967-1969 Plymouth Barracuda with the Rally Dash. I heard Classic Industries has them but the pics show a hex bolt fastener rather than a Phillips screw head fastener that they come with stock. Does anyone have any to spare or what vendor might carry them?

Try your local ace hardware. They are nothing more than u nuts and screws. As for size that will be trial and error.

Screenshot_20221226-225228.png

This is helpful; I didn't know they were called u-nuts....
I'll certainly check out Ace Hardware...Hopefully they'll
have them. I believe they're #10 screw size...Or are they #8's?

..Hopefully they'll
have them. I believe they're #10 screw size...Or are they #8's?
They are so cheap get different sizes and screw lengths.

I believe the ones I pictured are like what's from the OEM but they also make ones that accept a machine screw.

5000 photos later...

Screenshot_20221226-231747.png

Screenshot_20221226-233009.png

Last edited:
These would be the screws for the cluster. Depending on the year and position determines black or chrome . The U-nuts are also different then you will find at a hardware store.

100_0227.JPG

I am seeking the 7 dash fasteners with the nutplates that slide onto the dash fastener holes to hold the instrument panel securely in a 1967-1969 Plymouth Barracuda with the Rally Dash
Wow I missed that bad.

I thought you were asking about the screws and u nuts that hold the dash metal frame to the car body!

Sorry about leading you down the wrong road.

Looks like OldManMopar got it straightened out

just got an assortment of chrome bezel screws from Mr. G's

The u-nuts are shorties which are not usually available at the hardware store. The screws are special large-headed Phillips. Try R/T Specialties. 3/4 screws directly into dash w/o clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back