Interior Paint Code

-

71Duster

Reaction score
I need to find out what paint code to give the body shop when I bring my replacement a-pillars and arm rest bases in.

The car has a blue interior and B-5 Exterior

Look on your fender tag. Post your fender tag and I will look at my opition book and get you a code.

I've decoded the fender tag before. The interior colour comes up as B5 Medium blue. Is it as simple to tell the body shop that? Being plastic interior parts it doesn't have the metallic in it... or least not the parts I have

E55 340-4 Barrel 69-73
D32 H-D A-727 TorqueFlite Trans / Some Years A-998
VS29 V = Plymouth Valiant / Duster
S = Special
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
H1B H = 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
1 = 1971
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
28**** Sequence Number '28****'
GB5 Paint Code: Bright Blue Metallic
L6B5 Trim Grade/Style/Color
L = Low
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
B5 = Medium Blue
GB5 Upper Door Frame: Bright Blue Metallic
129 Date Built: 1 / 29 / 1971
B37933 Order Number: B37933
C Roof Type OR Color: Built For Canada Specs
C55 Bucket Seats
H31 Rear Window Defogger - Blower
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
N41 Duel Exhaust w/o Tips
N42 Chrome Duel Exhaust Tips
R11 Music Master Radio AM
V6X Black Longitude Sports Stripe
V8X Transverse Stripe - Black
EN2 End of Codes Assembly Line 2
GB5 Bright Blue Metallic

Thanks, off hand is the paint for plastic mixed differently? Or is it just that withoutt he clear it comes out slightly different?

Well I don't know about that. But Mopar makes interior spray paints. I think thay call it Mopaint. YearOne sells it. it is-

1971- Brite Blue Metallic #CP713BRBM.

I'll check with the body shop first, as year one only ships UPS which is stupid expensive in their brokerage fees for border crossing. You can take the UPS freight charge double it and thats the bill they give you.

Paints for plastic and metal are different. The solvents in most exterior paints will cause the plastic to distort. You can use a barrier coat to prevent this. The base interior would have arm rest bases cast in the same color as the A-pillar moldings. Don't know if the deluxe interior cars had chrome bases or not. The interior color for this car is Brite Blue. Hope it helps.

d4_1.JPG

DSCN2008.jpg

-
Back