Interior paint

-

66dartman

Reaction score
Does any one make mopar interior colors in a rattle can? The interior color in mine is a bronze metallic, and I would like to paint the cage the same color.

here in Canada i went to the body supple store ( cross canada ) i told the the color of the interior paint i wanted.They mixed it up and put it in a rattle can for me.Not cheap cost $10.But the match was right on.Try a good auto auto supply store see if they can help you out.Bill McLeese

66dartman said:
Does any one make mopar interior colors in a rattle can? The interior color in mine is a bronze metallic, and I would like to paint the cage the same color.

Try Year One or The Paddock.......around $20.00 per can

Tony Fields

Get thee to an automotive paint store like PPG, or Sherwin-Williams. They will be more than happy to mix as much paint as you need and put it in rattle cans. I get all my CAT yellow at Sherwin-Williams for $10 a can. Hope this helps. :wink:

I got mine from this guy:

MoPaint Rod Dorfman
Phone - 732-846-1044
Fax - 732-937-5510

He has locations in New Jersey and Florida. IIRC he is the guy that supplies Y1 and the paddock with their paints.

How "clean" of a paint job would the aerosol can do? The previous owner of my 65 Barracuda had a felt material glued onto the top portion of the doors, as well as the upper interior trim all the way back to the rear window. It looks awful and is starting to come off. I'd like to rip it all down and sand/paint the trim myself. I don't have access to or experience with air compressors or painting with air brushes. I'm not looking to completely restore the car, just to get it in decent enough shape again to where it's a pleasure to drive.

Also, do you have suggestions on how to best match the paint to my dashboard, a light blue?

John
65Barracuda

If it's a good quality paint and you prepped the surface right the rattle can paint will look just as good as a paint gun. I know the MoPaint stuff is just as good as the Eastwood paints and they lay on smooth.

very cool I did not know this. Now I can paint my rear side panels on the vert.

I painted the metal part of my Dash with the Mopaint interior paint and it matched right up and layed down smooth. I just took a scotchbrite pad and roughed it up then wiped it down and sprayed it......

Interior2.JPG

Thanks all, mopaint may be the direction I go. With all the work I have to do, I am almost glad it's winter. (Did I really say that?!)

I know what you mean about being glad winter is here.....gives ya an excuse to tear the car down and not feel bad about not being able to drive it.

-
Back