intermittent wiper mod?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
ive been driving the bronco plow truck and it does not have intermittent wipers
(neither does the duster, but it doesnt bother me much there because i dont drive it in the rain/snow on much...at least not on purpose)

so, is there any way to change out the switch maybe?
(i did that on a mitsu mirage i had once, replaced it with a eclipse switch and presto, instant intermittent wipers)

or an electrical doohicky i can install on there?

and i apologize for post ford questions here, but FABO gets more traffic then all the ford forums on on combined

ive been driving the bronco plow truck and it does not have intermittent wipers
(neither does the duster, but it doesnt bother me much there because i dont drive it in the rain/snow on much...at least not on purpose)

so, is there any way to change out the switch maybe?
(i did that on a mitsu mirage i had once, replaced it with a eclipse switch and presto, instant intermittent wipers)

or an electrical doohicky i can install on there?

and i apologize for post ford questions here, but FABO gets more traffic then all the ford forums on on combined

Been considering that myself for awhile since I do drive my Dart in weather.
Here's a google search result for just that, and there are a bunch of different styles and options.
You'll see that you can either spend more and have to know or do less, or spend less and get into some "DIY"

intermittant wiper kit - Google Search

if anyone could cobble it up as a DIY kit, it would be you
there would be a market for that too, i bet

for the bronco, it turns out certain trim levels actually came with intermittent wipers, so i just need to find one and scavenge it, unplug mine, plug in the new one and done

if anyone could cobble it up as a DIY kit, it would be you
there would be a market for that too, i bet

for the bronco, it turns out certain trim levels actually came with intermittent wipers, so i just need to find one and scavenge it, unplug mine, plug in the new one and done

Like you probably saw from that search it's already been done to death, so it would be a tough market.
At least you found out about a plug in replacement with the intermittent function built in.
I was wondering if you would notice those out there. :D

Like you probably saw from that search it's already been done to death, so it would be a tough market.
At least you found out about a plug in replacement with the intermittent function built in.
I was wondering if you would notice those out there. :D

other thread got me thinking of this one, so i thought i would let you know...something went wrong
see, when i installed the intermittent setup i was expecting the wipers to go "full sweep, return, rest" with an adjustable rest period
instead, what i got is a wiper setup that will go 1/16 the sweep, rest, 1/16 sweep rest (times 16, untill it does the same on the return)
now, the 1/16th sweep is adustable untill full sweep

all in all, pretty darn funny

other thread got me thinking of this one, so i thought i would let you know...something went wrong
see, when i installed the intermittent setup i was expecting the wipers to go "full sweep, return, rest" with an adjustable rest period
instead, what i got is a wiper setup that will go 1/16 the sweep, rest, 1/16 sweep rest (times 16, untill it does the same on the return)
now, the 1/16th sweep is adustable untill full sweep

all in all, pretty darn funny

That's strange that they would even be capable of that.
What would be the point?

Beats me
I'll see if I can toss up a video tomorrow, it is kinda funny

I wonder if I have a bad ground, or a short or something?
(Worst part is, it's actually better then the original fast/really fast setup)

-
Back