internship position

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
I just posted an ad on craiglsit in my area(SF Bay Area) for a non-paying internship at the shop!! I am hoping to get someone who wants to learn about ALL classic american cars and want to get into the field....

YIKES!!!! I will admit I do feel a bit nervous about having a newbie round, but at the same time I want to give someone a chance that I was never given. Last guys I had cared more about the parties AFTER work than what was going on DURING work.

There are alot of shops popping up that state they work on "muscle cars", yet non focus solely on it. I have seen some work out of "other" shops, and some work is awesome and some is downright scary. Especially the electrical.

Hopefully this will be good this time around.

Steve

With a nearby WyoTech in Fremont, I gotta thnk you'll find a keeper, Steve. Good luck!

Steve, you will get a lot of response from your post but whether you find the "right" person will of course be the key. I pulled in a couple of pretty good guys from the Skyline College Auto Tech program. I cannot remember the instructor's name at the moment but he was a die-hard Mopar guy and an excellent instructor to boot.

As Clifftt mentioned, since Wyo is around the corner, you may get some response from someone there but again, a lot of the students going to Wyo (especially the ones close to graduating) are looking for the MBZ/Lexus dealership hookup. One thing to also check into is if the Fremont school has the "Hot Rod" program like the one in Sacramento does. For some reason, I don't think they do but again, worth checking in to.

Steve, you will get a lot of response from your post but whether you find the "right" person will of course be the key. I pulled in a couple of pretty good guys from the Skyline College Auto Tech program. I cannot remember the instructor's name at the moment but he was a die-hard Mopar guy and an excellent instructor to boot.

As Clifftt mentioned, since Wyo is around the corner, you may get some response from someone there but again, a lot of the students going to Wyo (especially the ones close to graduating) are looking for the MBZ/Lexus dealership hookup. One thing to also check into is if the Fremont school has the "Hot Rod" program like the one in Sacramento does. For some reason, I don't think they do but again, worth checking in to.

Actually no they don't have the hotrod program at the Fremont campus. My last 2 guys were from there, and I have a guy now that graduated in 2000, but only comes in once a week at best. He is still very green. Of the many questions asked to the 2 former Wyotech grads, they didn't know much in the way of classics/muscle cars.

We will see how it goes....

-
Back