Interview Tomorrow Hell Yeah

-
Its not me I worry about its my wife. I know shes bustin her butt to try and keep everything paid. The best part is shes not keeping score.
that you know of:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:wish both you and Ramcharger the best of luck!!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out.

Last Monday, I got a call that I was selected for a local contract position to start 9/21. Tuesday and Wednesday, contracting company rushed through paperwork, background check, setup payroll, corporate E-Mail, etc. Thursday morning UPS back paperwork (W4, I9, contract, etc). Thursday afternoon, client cancelled the project. Lost a job before it even started. As I tell everyone, I can either laugh or cry so I just kind of laugh about how it worked out....but it still hurt.

The interview went well. The manager is new and looking for warehouse experience. Which I have. He took me out and showed me the nimrods hes working with. I watch some kid trying to run a bander. He was trying to band it backwards. I did my best not to chuckle. We talked about what hes trying to do. Which are things that I have done. We shared the same opinion on how a warehouse should run. He seemed a little impressed by that. He did say that he had 2 or 3 people he would like to hire. With only 1 opening. I hope I was included in the 2 or 3 people.

The fact that you both share the same vision on how things should be run is a good sign.

Good Luck! I got my fingers crossed for you.

that you know of:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:wish both you and Ramcharger the best of luck!!!!!

Thanks ink. :)

Its not me I worry about its my wife. I know shes bustin her butt to try and keep everything paid. The best part is shes not keeping score.

Yes she is. :-D:-D They all have a notebook that they whip out when the need hits. :toothy10:

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out.

Last Monday, I got a call that I was selected for a local contract position to start 9/21. Tuesday and Wednesday, contracting company rushed through paperwork, background check, setup payroll, corporate E-Mail, etc. Thursday morning UPS back paperwork (W4, I9, contract, etc). Thursday afternoon, client cancelled the project. Lost a job before it even started. As I tell everyone, I can either laugh or cry so I just kind of laugh about how it worked out....but it still hurt.

Oh man, that really sucks. Job hunting is definitely an emotional roller coaster but that's the worst story I heard yet. You most certainly have the right attitude though. :cheers:

I've been taken on the "Grand Tour", slapped on the back and told "It's looking real good! It's just between you and one other guy" after the third interview, then got the rejection letter. I really thought I had that job.

The fact that you both share the same vision on how things should be run is a good sign.

Good Luck! I got my fingers crossed for you.

That is a good sign! :cheers:

good to hear about your interview

Sounds like it went well. Glad to here it.

I think in these tough times we should try and help each other out. I am looking to hire a Quality Engineer up in East Tawas, MI right now. Interviewing two people tomorrow. Anybody looking to work in that area and has QE experience PM me.

Thanks

Sounds like my wife, she's carrying the burden and unenjoyment is helping, but still...I know how you feel. Glad it went well for you...now here's praying for the phone call!

I had a phone interview for a job today and they said that "We'll send your qualifications to the regional manager and you should get a face to face interview". We'll see how that goes.

Praying for you, Joe. I had an interview two weeks ago that impressed both people. Problem is: the service manager wants me on the desk as a writer, the dealership owner wants me on the line turning a wrench. Called them last week and they are both fighting still as to what to do with me. So, in the meantime, my job fate with them is up in the air for indecision...sorry, if they can't make a decision, I'm not waiting. Something else comes open I'm all over it.

This is key: send the interviewer a handwritten thank-you note. Buy a box of good quality, professional looking, plain notecards with envelopes. Some office supply or stationery stores even sell them by the piece. Write a few sentences, saying thank you for the meeting, how impressed you were with the place, mention something specific you talked about that you appreciated, and how more than ever you feel you can contibute to the success of the company. Let him know you are very interested to meet with him again, whenever he would like.

This could very well set you apart from those other applicants.

-
Back